There were sounds of cheers in the ethne. office recently when the Queensland State Government announced another round of Digital Grants is up for grabs for any businesses that can meet their specified criteria.
Why were we so excited you ask?
Well we get to work with and meet many small business owners who struggle to afford to keep up with the ever-changing digital marketing landscape. They all too often have old non-mobile responsive websites, have signed up for a free website with Wix or have had a non-professional try to tackle the job at a budget price and in 2018 they are struggling to be found on Google.
When our little team come to scope out their requirements often we are pulling back on all the wonderful functions, designs and training we can offer due to budget.
Not so if the business owner has gotten themselves a Digital Grant as the grant matches the business $1 for $1 up to the value of $10,000.
To see if your business is eligible for the program, the following criteria must be met:
- Businesses must have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant;
- Businesses must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST;
- Businesses must be based in Queensland;
- Businesses much have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year;
- Businesses must declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
The Digital Grant can be used for the following:
- Content development (websites, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.);
- Receiving payments or selling online;
- Specialised digital technology or software (business specific);
- Digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
Grant Applications are assessed on the following:
- the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes)
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money.
So if you have some digital marketing or a website project on the backburner due to lack of funds, I urge you to apply for this grant and if our team at ethne. can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Applications close 5pm 8 October 2018.